hc-dev mailing list archives

From Don Robertson <don.robert...@documentum.com>
Subject Handling 100 Continue on https put or post?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:55:30 GMT
I have a simple PUT (or POST) of a file to Tomcat 4.1. Without SSL I get a
reliable 200 return status. Using https though, Tomcat appears to return a
continue, and this gets passed back to my client program. The whole request
body has been passed successfully to Tomcat (I can verify this), but what am
I supposed to do in the client to wait for a proper completion? I assumed
that if httpclient were automatically handling the continue then it would
return a 200, but maybe I am misunderstanding the HTTP interaction.

I have reduced this to a trivial code fragment...

            HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
            PutMethod put = new PutMethod( "https://localhost:8443" );
            put.setRequestBody( new FileInputStream( "foo.zip" ) );
            put.setPath( "/myServlet/foo.zip" );
            client.executeMethod( put );
            System.out.println( put.getStatusLine() );

On the client I am using the SunJSSE provider.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Don