hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jani Mattsson <jani.matts...@hotelzon.com>
Subject FW: RecoverableException -> connection not released from pool?
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:36:12 GMT
One more thing, the version I am using is the nightly source drop
2004/04/16.

Jani

-----Original Message-----
From: Jani Mattsson
Sent: 17. huhtikuuta 2003 11:31
Subject: RecoverableException -> connection not released from pool?

Hello!

I'm experiencing problems using HttpClient with
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager
for connections over HTTPS. For one reason or another I get
HttpRecoverableExceptions
when executing the methods, and I have code to retry a number of times after
such an
exception. Now it seems that in case a HttpRecoverableException is thrown,
HttpMethodBase.execute() never releases the connection back to the
connection manager.
Thus when I have a quota of four connections per host, after
HttpRecoverableException my
HttpClient sits in deadlock waiting for someone to release a connection, in
vain.

Is this a known problem, or am I perhaps doing something wrong in the way I
retry / handle
the case when the recoverableexceptions are caught?

Best regards,

Jani Mattsson