hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Next alpha release ?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:04:25 GMT
Chris,
My understanding is that we are about to release 2.0beta-1. HttpClient 2.0 is (almost*) feature
complete. Further improvements are difficult to implement or impossible if API compatibility
is to be maintained. We would like to release 2.0 as soon as it's code base is stabilized
and move on to 2.1 and 3.0 branches.

* Two patches targeted for beta-1 are still outstanding

Please bear with us for a little while.

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Brown [mailto:brown2@reflexe.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 12:29
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Next alpha release ?

Hello,

When will the next alpha release come out?

Following the discussions on the list, it seems that many changes have
already occured since Alpha3 (including things like authentification, which
interests me a lot, esp. WRT NTLM!)...  I *could* check it out of CVS, but I
don't know how reliable the overall code is (given that it's
work-in-progress).

It'd be interesting to have an interesting test platform, to build code
against something more like the final version that you'll eventually
release, and also to encourage a wider number of developers to provide
feedback.

Thanks,
Chris