hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: Still problems with HttpRecoverableException and HTTPS
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 01:22:25 GMT
Okay, in that case I'm putting my money on finding something like the
following in the server code:

if (timeoutShouldHappenNow) {
	outputStream.close();
}

In other words, it closes the output stream but not the input stream or
something similar.  Possibly a bug in the JVM that causes
socket.close() to only close the output stream or something as well.

Perhaps it would be reasonable to retry if no response at all is
received from the server?  That would avoid the wrong content length
problem and be reasonably safe.  It should still be configurable
obviously.  Not that I particularly like settling for that.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.