hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Slavik Markovich" <Slavik.Markov...@orange.co.il>
Subject Buffered output to socket
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:57:52 GMT
Hi all,

This is probably a known issue (but I haven't found the answer for it yet).
I'm using httpclient to post data to a remote server but as far as I can see (using ethereal)
the client is writing every line to the wire without buffering.
After examining the code, I can see that the HttpConnection class is using the output stream
received from the socket directly.
Is there a reason for the direct writing?
This is a problem for me 'cause the remote server sets a very low timeout and returns a bad
request response after receiving the request line (without any other header line or request
body).

Can I easily add a buffered behavior to the http client?

10x

This message contains information that may be confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose
to anyone any of the information in this message. If you have received
this message and are not the intended recipient, kindly notify the sender
and delete this message from your computer.