hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Still problems with HttpRecoverableException and HTTPS
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:34:14 GMT
Ingo,

A few details might be nice.  What version of HttpClient are you using?
Have you tried with a recent nightly build?  Do you have any example
code that exploits this problem?  There have been quite a few changes as
of late, in particular with the way that HTTPS and connection reuse are
handled.  Though I appreciate the LOG it, does not tell us much other
than an attempt to write request headers failed.

Mike

Ingo Brunberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> although obviously many attempts have been made to recover from lost
> connections, the HttpRecoverableException is still slipping through. I
> am using Stunnel (www.stunnel.org) in proxy mode to provide the
> encryption.
>
> The problem occurs when the connection has been idle for some time and
> the next request is made.
>
> Currently this is a serious drawback for our project, so let me know
> if you need further help.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo
>
> Here is the log:
>
> [TRACE] HttpState - -enter HttpState.getCredentials(String)
> [TRACE] HttpState - -enter HttpState.getCredentials(String, String
> [TRACE] HttpClient - -enter HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpMethod)
> [TRACE] HttpClient - -enter HttpClient.executeMethod(HostConfiguration,HttpMethod)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [DEBUG] HttpMethod - -Execute loop try 1
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -Attempt number 1 to write request
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.writeRequestLine(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.generateRequestLine(HttpConnection, String,
String, String, String)
> [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter HttpConnection.print(String)
> [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter HttpConnection.write(byte[])
> [TRACE] HttpConnection - -enter HttpConnection.write(byte[], int, int)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.writeRequestHeaders(HttpState,HttpConnection)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.addRequestHeaders(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.addUserAgentRequestHeaders(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.addHostRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [DEBUG] HttpMethod - -Adding Host request header
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.addCookieRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [TRACE] HttpState - -enter HttpState.getCookies()
> [TRACE] CookieSpec - -enter CookieSpecBase.match(String, int, String, boolean, Cookie[])
> [TRACE] CookieSpec - -enter CookieSpecBase.match(String, int, String, boolean, Cookie
> [TRACE] CookieSpec - -enter CookieSpecBase.formatCookieHeader(Cookie)
> [TRACE] CookieSpec - -enter RFC2109Spec.formatCookie(Cookie)
> [TRACE] CookieSpec - -enter RFC2109Spec.formatCookieAsVer(Cookie)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.addAuthorizationRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
> [TRACE] HttpMethod - -enter HttpMethodBase.addProxyAuthorizationRequestHeader(HttpState,
HttpConnection)