hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: SSL Performance Problem
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:41:41 GMT
Yes, it was definitely the 100-continue that was causing the problem.
3000ms seemed like and awfully round number:)

André, you should not need to handle the 100 status response in your
code anymore.  This value should no longer be returned by the method.

Mike

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
> Stupid me ;-) Actually HttpClient uses 3000ms timeout when expecting 100 (CONTINUE) status
code. That has nothing to do with SSL and all my conspiracy theories.

> As now 'expect: 100-continue' is disabled per default, HttpClient treats all 100 status
codes it receives as unexpected. This is perfectly ok. Some HTTP servers do send 100 (CONTINUE)
status code even if they are not asked to do so.