hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Becke" <rich...@disputable.org>
Subject NTLM authentication error
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:03:20 GMT
I apologize for this double-posting, but I realized some crucial information
was missing from the original post.

I am using HTTPClient 2.0 alpha 3 on AIX 4.3.3
/ IBM JDK 1.3.1 with IBM JCE / JSSE.

Has anyone actually made NTLM authentication work ? I get the following
message :

[INFO] HttpMethod - -Already tried to authenticate to
"<hostname>:<port>#null" but still receiving 401.

Using Luigi Dragone's NTLM auth API
(http://www.luigidragone.com/networking/ntlm.html), everything works
fine, so I know that the credentials and cryptographic providers are OK.

The documentation for NTCredentials, as well as the example / test code
seems a bit lacking. The four-argument constructor :

 - is the "userName" argument supposed to be "<NT domain>\<userid>" or just
   userid ?

 - the "host" argument; is this the DNS name, WINS name, and with or
   without the domain part ?

Sorry for the cross posting, I know this belongs in the user list, but I
feel the lacking documentation is also a bug.