hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Carl A. Dunham" <c...@carldunham.com>
Subject Re: Still problems with HttpRecoverableException and HTTPS
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:59:12 GMT
This is really bugging me, because I know this is a well-known problem in
Java. Unfortunately, Google doesn't seem to have much to offer, other than
people asking the same question in different contexts.

I did, however, find this:

http://vic20.blipp.com/pipermail/icq-devel/2002-November/005446.html

with the suggestion to use InputStream.available() to test if the connection
is still valid. If someone has a reliable test case, maybe this is something
to try.

SO_KEEPALIVE may also be helpful here.