hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <o.kalnichev...@dplanet.ch>
Subject Further actions: 2.0beta-1 release and beyond
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 12:34:27 GMT
Folks

All the outstanding bugs targeted for beta-1 release now have
corresponding patches available for review. As far as I can judge the
review of these patches can be completed by Wednesday/Thursday. It looks
like we are almost done. It appears we can't make HttpClient any better
unless we expand our user base. There are quite a few people out there
who shun away from alpha quality software. With HttpClient 2.0 entering
beta phase some of them may have more incentives to give it a closer
look.

Jandalf, would you have enough time on your hands to go through the
administrative tasks of the release process next weekend? It there
anything we can help you with to make your live a bit easier?

Right after 2.0beta-1 release we should call code freeze on the 2.0
trunk and seriously consider branching it out. I can't wait for API to
be unfrozen.

What do you think?

Oleg