hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager and CLOSE_WAIT
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:24:34 GMT
> I'm afraid that until we change our base requirements to JDK 1.4, we
> are stuck with something that looks a lot like the the solution
> HttpClient currently uses.  And I wouldn't expect that change any time
> soon, as there are people on the mailing list who have indicated they
> are still using JDK/JRE 1.2.

Actually, moving to JDK 1.4 won't help at all since the methods to
detect whether the connection is open only actually detect whether or
not java thinks the connection is open and so the half shutdown
connection problem would still most likely still exist.  Hopefully
somewhere along the line Java will be made to correctly identify
half-closed connections and throw the exception early. :)

> -Eric.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.