hc-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Berna <sbe...@extendnow.com>
Subject RE: How to use session cookie across connections
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:53:37 GMT
It should work if you place the following line on your httpclient
initialization:

		HttpState initialState = new HttpState();
        // Initial set of cookies can be retrieved from persistent storage
and
        // re-created, using a persistence mechanism of choice,
        initialState.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.COMPATIBILITY);
        // A different cookie management spec can be selected
        // when desired

//      initialState.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.NETSCAPE_DRAFT);
        // Netscape Cookie Draft spec is provided for completeness
        // You would hardly want to use this spec in real life situations
//      initialState.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.COMPATIBILITY);
        // Compatibility policy is provided in order to mimic cookie
        // management of popular web browsers that is in some areas
        // not 100% standards compliant

        // Get HTTP client instance

        //create a singular HttpClient object
        client = new HttpClient(/*new
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager()*/);

        //establish a connection within 20 seconds
        client.setConnectionTimeout(20000);
        client.setState(initialState);

And then using the same httpclient object for all the calls, the session is
maintained at the httpclient object.

I would not use MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager since it is giving me
problems at the current version stopping all connections after 1 minute or
so.

Hope this helps.