hc-dev mailing list archives

From mat...@vtg.at
Subject AW: AW: post redirect
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:57:53 GMT
David,
yes it's what I experienced: After executing a POST the browsers reads the
redirect headers (usually "Location", somtimes "Refresh") and executes a GET
to this location.
That's all.

Thomas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Kavanagh [mailto:dak@dotech.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. März 2003 19:58
An: Commons HttpClient Project
Betreff: Re: AW: post redirect

Thomas,
I'd like to hear more about this because I don't understand how the
browser can do that. I know if the form requires POST, the browser
simply can't issue GET and expect it to work. Hmm, are you saying that
the browser just looks in the response header and issues a GET to follow
the redirect? OK, I would expect something along those lines....

David