hc-dev mailing list archives

From mat...@vtg.at
Subject AW: Copy or clone a HttpMethod
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:44:35 GMT
I want to use a method twice with all headers, paths, ... set. recycle()
would delete all these settings.
As I can not execute a method twice I want to clone/copy it before I execute
it.

Thomas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Kalnichevski, Oleg [mailto:oleg.kalnichevski@bearingpoint.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. März 2003 11:34
An: Commons HttpClient Project
Betreff: RE: Copy or clone a HttpMethod

Hi Thomas

Some clarifications needed: do you need an exact copy of an Http method or
you just want to be able to reuse the same object twice?

The problem is that (in my opinion) HttpMethod should be split into
HttpRequest/HttpResponse pair. That would allow HttpRequest objects to be
reused multiple time without having to go into trouble of 'recycling'
objects. However, such a radical design change will not happen any time soon
(if approved at all)

Oleg