hc-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeffrey Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: DO NOT REPLY [Bug 11190] - need getResponseContentLength in HttpMethod
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:36:31 GMT
okbyme

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

>Jeff, any objections to committing this patch? Shall we wait for me feedback? Let me know
what you think
>Oleg
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Jeffrey Dever [mailto:jsdever@sympatico.ca]
>Sent: Dienstag, 11. März 2003 18:09
>To: Commons HttpClient Project
>Subject: Re: DO NOT REPLY [Bug 11190] - need getResponseContentLength in
>HttpMethod
>
>
>Let me reconsider that.  I had assumed that the requester needed access 
>to the content length in client code.  If so they can just get this from 
>the header anyway.  The actual content length is another matter which 
>you are right to make protected in HttpMethodBase.
>
>Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
>
>  
>
>>Jandalf,
>>Just to make sure I got you right: both getResponseContentLength()/getRequestContentLength()
methods should be added to the HttpMethod interface?
>>Cheers
>>Oleg
>>
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Jeffrey Dever [mailto:jsdever@sympatico.ca]
>>Sent: Dienstag, 11. März 2003 16:32
>>To: Commons HttpClient Project
>>Subject: Re: DO NOT REPLY [Bug 11190] - need getResponseContentLength in
>>HttpMethod
>>
>>
>>The patch adds getResponseContentLength to HttpMethodBase, which is 
>>good, but it should also go into the HttpMethod interface.  I think that 
>>this is a "safe" change at this point.
>>
>>bugzilla@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>>>DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
>>>RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
>>><http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11190>.
>>>ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
>>>INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.
>>>
>>>http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11190
>>>
>>>need getResponseContentLength in HttpMethod
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>------- Additional Comments From olegk@apache.org  2003-03-11 10:31 -------
>>>Created an attachment (id=5260)
>>>Fix (take 1)
>>>
>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>   
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-httpclient-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>  
>



Mime
View raw message