hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Carl A. Dunham" <ht...@strategyforward.com>
Subject Re: CRLF and Connection: close
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 07:17:39 GMT
Mike,

I did a fairly rough version of your first suggestion. It basically adds a
list of free connections across hosts, and keeps a seperate counter. It seems
to be working pretty well, although it should probably use a smarter
algorithm for determining which connection to close, like the one least often
used, and with no one waiting to get it, etc.

This *might* be useable for both types of uses, although it would suffer a
slight performance hit for users who didn't care about the overall number of
connections, because now so much is synchronizing on the global
ConnectionPool.

Anyway, thanks for the help, everyone. Both of my original problems seem to be
well on their way to being non-problems!

Next stop, cookies...