hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <o.kalnichev...@dplanet.ch>
Subject Re: How to use session cookie across connections
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:59:49 GMT
Vijay

If HttpState object to be used is not explicitly specified, HttpClient
creates one behind the scene. Naturally once HttpClient instance is
gone, along with is gone the Http state information.

The solution is to keep a reference to the HttpState instance in order
to prevent it from being garbage collected.

HttpState httpstate = new HttpState();

for (int i = 0; i < n; i++) {
  HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
  client.setState(httpstate);
  // get done whatever you need to get done
}

Cheers

Oleg