hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Tarek M. Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@itworx.com>
Subject RE: Am I in the right place?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:15:18 GMT
Thank you all for your responses.

I have to agree with Ryan that the the logging library introduces some complexity for users
who need to use the HttpClient for very simple stuff.

I also have to disagree with Ortwin that questions about logging configuration is out of scope,
since the only reason I'm interested in logging is the HttpClient.

Anyway, since, the documentation about the logging configuration wasn't quite detailed and
the commons loggin project doesn't contain
any documentation other than the javadocs, I still need to make sure that what I understood
here is correct.

Supposedly, the following statements will guarantee that the logging is only restricted to
the System.out and that it will be on the error level. Please correct me if anything is wrong.

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log", "org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime", "true");

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog", "error");

Thanks again for your help.

Tarek Nabil