hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Tarek M. Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@itworx.com>
Subject RE: Am I in the right place?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:15:30 GMT
Sorry, for not making my questions clear enough. Actually, when I said server, I meant the
JVM the application is running in. Fact is, I'm using HttpClient in a server side application
to connect to another server side application to get some info, in a way similar to how web
services work. Anyway, that's quite irrelevant.

So, I guess now, my question should be, will HttpClient generate log files? And when? And
how do I configure the logging, maybe to prevent it completely? Is that doable?

Thanks again :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Dever [mailto:jsdever@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 10:06 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Am I in the right place?

Commons logging is a dependancy for HttpClient.  It is required for the
JVM that HttpClient is running in.  But HttpClient is a client side
implementation, and should not be on the server anyway.

There is no requirement imposed by HttpClient on the http server at all
(beyond the RFCs).  Particlularly, commons-logging.jar.

log4j is optional for commons-logging and is therefore optional for
httpclient.

This should be a non-issue.

Jandlaf.

Tarek M. Nabil wrote:

>Thanks :)
>
>Is there a way I can use the HttpClient without putting commons logging and log4j on the
server as well?

or should I go to the commons user list?