hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Aurelien Pernoud" <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Post and HTTP/100 (continue)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:48:39 GMT

Well as far as i've looked now, it seems my trouble (parsing HTTP/) doesn't
come only with Post method, but also with Get Method...

Attached is a log of 3 GET requests, always the same, and this bug I'm
totally unable to reproduce outside of my webapp, and I'm looking why.

The first one goes ok, the second one tries to reuse the connection (but as
I wait a long time the connection is not any more), writes to it ok (????
!!!!), but when it tries to read status line, it fails.

-> i have a WARN log (recoverable exception when reading response), and the
exception about "status line can't find HTTP/", and the request isn't
auto-retried (even if I see that you're currently thinking of moving the
auto-retry stuff in HttpClient).

Then you'll see the connection is closed *BUT NOT* released from
connectionmanager (looks like Mike is working on it, don't know where he's
at now), so the connectionmanager keeps saying there's a connection in use,
where he shouldn't.

The third one do exactly the same, but this time fails to write to
connection (HttpConnection: Socket exception while writing data), so I have
a "INFO" warn that you have when the connection has been lost, it retries to
write and goes ok.

Then the 4th, 5th, ... seems to do the same that 3rd one when loosing the
connection, and everything goes fine.

It's a really strange behavior, I can't reproduce it in a testcase, I must
be doing something in my webapp that I'm not doing in the testcase, but I
don't find what.

Aurelien