hc-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Moran <mike_mo...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [REMINDER] HttpClient IRC event - irc log
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:09:34 GMT

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 01:51 AM, Dennis Cook wrote:

> Here is the complete session:

[ ... ]
> <Jandalf> 1) I'm kinka amazed that cross host redirects has been
> absent for
> so long.  Its seems glaring.
[ ... ]

Indeed it is. A large amount of the redirects I see are cross-site
redirects. It makes sense, given the number of cgi scripts there are
which count people leaving a site to go elsewhere.

Incidentally, some sites don't even give an absolute URL; you have to
resolve it relative the current URL ie you treat the redirected-from
URL as the base. I would think the RFC says this is a non-no, and I
probably wouldn't expect HttpClient to go this far. However, it's one
example why I wouldn't use any built-in redirection.

--
Mike