hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: 2.0 beta 1 development
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:43:16 GMT
Well, I'd rather not have that responsibility.  I'm not signing any
paycheques, and so have no right to assign tasks.

Ideally anyone availabile to work on an issue would just grab one from
Bugzilla, assign it to themselves and work on it.  Everyone stays
informed, everyone has choice and the work converges towards the
completion of a goal, the release.  I spend a fair amount of time trying
to keep bugzilla in good order and people generally cooperate with this.

It does make release targets difficult to meet, but I think its the best
way to go.

But if anyone wants to be a hired gun, that would be super helpful.
 There are a couple of people that fall into this category which really
helps achieve milestones.  I'd be happy to allocate tasks when requested
on a case by case basis.

Jandalf.