hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Changes to Jakarta
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:15:15 GMT
There are some changes coming down the pipe for the structure of
Jakarta.  I have not been involved in these types of discussions untill
now, and am still grappling with what is going on.  The most immeadiate
issue is who is going to make up the PMC.  The idea seems to be that all
committers are eiligible and desirable to be on the PMC.

I'm going to nominate the HttpClient specific committers (Odi, Oleg and
myself) to make sure our voice is heard.  One ramification is that only
PMC members will have binding votes for releases in the future.

Some of the discussion is here, but there is much more on general@jakarta:
http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=general@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=14439