hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: release process for alpha3
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:21:19 GMT
Hi Jeffrey,

As a representative of a project that wants to embed this library in our
app and is dealing with options for including the httpclient.jar or
requiring a separate download, I would like to request a release package
that includes only the binaries.  No source, no javadoc, no tests, no
build scripts.

The reason is that I want to support people who already have the
httpclient library, but also streamline adoption by people who don't.
 That means making a jar available that they can download, drop in the
classpath, and forget about.  I am currently leaning towards pointing
users to the HttpClient download page instead of including a binary-only
release on our page.

--
Ryan Hoegg
Apache XML-RPC / http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc