hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: Am I in the right place?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:30:08 GMT
Tarek M. Nabil wrote:
> So, I guess now, my question should be, will HttpClient generate log
> files?

Actually the log files are generated by the log implementation. This can
be Log4J or something else. HttpClient itself does not write any files.
Questions about Commons Logging configuration do not belong here.

 > And when? And how do I configure the logging, maybe to prevent
> it completely? Is that doable?

See package summary of Commons-Logging:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/org/apache/commons/logging/package-summary.html

You can turn off logging completely by simply setting a System property:
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog

But it's cleaner to make a commons-logging.properties file and set this
there.

Odi