hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: Am I in the right place?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:27:04 GMT
This seems like an excellent example for our discussion about including
a commons-logging-noop.jar on the Commons Dev list.  Tarek would not
have had to worry about this dependency, and his desired functionality
(no logging, I don't want to think about it) would have come "out of the
box".

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Tarek M. Nabil wrote:

>Sorry, for not making my questions clear enough. Actually, when I said server, I meant
the JVM the application is running in. Fact is, I'm using HttpClient in a server side application
to connect to another server side application to get some info, in a way similar to how web
services work. Anyway, that's quite irrelevant.

>So, I guess now, my question should be, will HttpClient generate log files? And when?
And how do I configure the logging, maybe to prevent it completely? Is that doable?