hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: Propose a new commons-uri package
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 19:34:22 GMT
The decision to require JDK 1.4 for HttpClient is not trivial.  In
XML-RPC, we are still debating whether to abandon 1.1 and require 1.2+.
 We use HttpClient in our library.

Furthermore, the idea is to share the URI functionality among Apache
projects.  Other projects that use URI functionality include Xerces,
maybe Xalan, Slide, James?, Cactus, and Tomcat.  (That's just off the
top of my head).