hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject [patch] for Bug 16864
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 04:32:44 GMT
I created some tests for this issue and checked them in.

Attached is a patch to fix the issue and make the tests pass, but it
needs to be reviewed.  I changed slightly the semantics of one very
important method: HttpConnection.readLine().

It now requires the a "\r\n" be present as a pair to terminate the line
(that was the root cause of bug 16846).  If the end of stream is read
before a \n\r is found, the data read up untill that point will be
returned, whereas before this was discarded.  I also tried to minimize
the number of checks in the while loop to try and speed it up a bit.

Please review the attached patch.

Jandalf.