hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: The use of UTIUtil.toUsingCharset?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 08:48:20 GMT
Thanks Laura for this excellent explanation. This really helps to clear
things up! I am glad to have you and your indepth Unicode knowledge on
the list.

I always thought you could roundtrip any charset to Unicode and get the
same thing back. This is obviously wrong. It should be easy to write a
test case for this once we have some of those characters.

Sung-Gu: Could you please post some of this problematic characters (hex
values in different encodings and Unicode)? You are probably the only
one who has knwoledge of Asian languages here.

Hopefully we can find an adequate solution for the problem now.

Cheers

Odi