hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: The use of UTIUtil.toUsingCharset?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:48:30 GMT
Sung-Gu wrote:
> There isn't any uni-one to support the various charsets.(Let you regard it!)
> Then, once it was tranformed, it should be tranformed back to the original.
> That makes the transformed one to the original one.

Sung-Gu,

I have problems understanding your English and I can only guess what you
want to say.

Do you mean that there are characters that have no representation in
Unicode? Your method uses String objects, which means Unicode! If there
are characters not present in the Unicode set, they can not be handled
by the String class. You must use byte[] in this case.

You speak of "transformation". What sort of transformation is that? The
only "transformation" your method does is, it replaces some characters
with '?'.

Odi