hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Redirects?]
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 19:03:40 GMT
Alan Marcinkowski wrote:
>> I found HttpMethodBase:checkValidRedirect was not honoring
>> cross server redirects. Isn't this a common type of redirect? Is there
>> a reason its not supported? [...] unless its an architectural issue [...]

Alan,

unfortunately that is an architectural issue currently. Each HttpClient
is bound to a specific host and a method can not change this since a
method has no knowledge about its calling HttpClient instance (if any).
Moreover the code responsible for handling the response is contained
inside the methods. But most of it should be moved to the HttpClient
actually in the future. Sorry for this limitation.

Odi