hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: POST method - Default content encoding
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:21:55 GMT
o.kalnichevski@dplanet.ch wrote:
> RFC 2616 does not seem to say much. So, I assume that the default
> scheme applies: whatever charset is specified in "Content-Type"
> header. If charset is not explicitly set, ISO-8859-1 is used per
> default.

I guess this is the way to go for POST. But what about GET? There is no
request body in a GET. And the Content-Type header has no meaning there.
So at least the user should be able to specify the encoding when setting
the parameter. This is probably the issue that Sung-Gu wanted to address
with his URIUtil#toUsingCharset method. I guess he wants to pass chinese
characters encoded as Big5 or whatever as URL parameters.

Odi