hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Running out of connections
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:18:55 GMT
Hello Simon,

Sorry to be replying so late.  Connections are released when:

1) the response is fully read
2) the connection is manually released via
HttpMethod.releaseConnection() or HttpConnection.releaseConnection()
3) the garbage collector runs and reclaims any connections that are no
longer being used

The most reliable way is to manually release the connection after use.
This goes for successful or unsuccessful requests.  Can you send a
sample of the code you are using that causes this problem?

Mike