hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adrian.sut...@ephox.com>
Subject RE: What about optional components?
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:06:59 GMT
Oleg et al,
I think this would be an excellent solution.  Perhaps it could start out as
a "useful tools and tips" page?  We could provide the code to detect proxy
settings in applets there as a start and am sure there's other stuff that
could be added as well?

Post 2.1 we could then expand this to provide support for development of
these add-ons etc similar to how ant does.

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:o.kalnichevski@dplanet.ch]
Sent: Thursday, 20 February 2003 2:08 AM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: What about optional components?

Adrian (and all)

I agree that with you about keeping HttpClient JVM independent and
reasonably generic. Clearly proxy detection should be kept outside
HttpClient package IMHO.

But you know what? Maybe HttpClient have matured well enough so that we
have reached the point where we should start (thinking about) collecting
contributions or optional packages (pretty much in the same manner Ant
is structured into core & optional packages) that are not officially an
integral part of HttpClient, nevertheless useful enough to be made
available to the public? Would it be worthwhile having a greater ecology
around HttpClient? Any thoughts?

Cheers

Oleg