hc-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adrian.sut...@ephox.com>
Subject RE: [patch] for Bug 16864
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 04:35:39 GMT
Jeff,
There was no attached patch. :)  At least, not at my end....

Thanks for the quick response, I'm sure the user will appreciate it greatly!
:)

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Dever [mailto:jsdever@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Friday, 7 February 2003 2:33 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: [patch] for Bug 16864

I created some tests for this issue and checked them in.

Attached is a patch to fix the issue and make the tests pass, but it
needs to be reviewed.  I changed slightly the semantics of one very
important method: HttpConnection.readLine().

It now requires the a "\r\n" be present as a pair to terminate the line
(that was the root cause of bug 16846).  If the end of stream is read
before a \n\r is found, the data read up untill that point will be
returned, whereas before this was discarded.  I also tried to minimize
the number of checks in the while loop to try and speed it up a bit.

Please review the attached patch.

Jandalf.