hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Aurelien Pernoud" <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: performance
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:39:28 GMT

Derk Muenchhausen wrote :

> Was my measuring wrong? Is HttpClient really faster than
> HttpURLConnection? What have you done, that HttpClient got significant
> faster?
>
> Derk

In my case, my first attempt for my project was also using jdk only, but I
had to improve response performance/delay. I went using a nightly build of
now deprecated HttpMultiClient and my tests were better too.

I don't remember how fatser, but I know I finally chose using HttpClient for
performance.

And I must add that my nightly doesn't have the TCP_NODELAY "trick", so I
think I can have better perf now with the newest HttpClient (when I'll have
time to integrate it).

Nice work guys, thanks again.