hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: performance
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:04:31 GMT
There have been a few performance enhancements along the way, but we
have never gone through a performance optimizing phase.  Sometime during
late beta that should be done.

Its encouraging that you are finding it fast now though!

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

>I am not aware of HttpClient being specifically optimized for performance. May other developers
correct me if I err, rather, I believe, HttpClient is being developed primarily with standards
compliance in mind. However, I am by no means entitled to speak on behalf of all HttpClient
developers, so take it as my personal opinion

>Most probable explanation to such significant difference in performance numbers is the
fact that HttpClient does a pretty decent job reusing active connections (thanks to Mike Becke).
I doubt Sun's HttpURLConnection supports any sort of connection pooling at all.