hc-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Moran <mike_mo...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Configurable DNS resolver?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:34:43 GMT
Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:

> Michael Becke wrote:
>
>> If you set the host of a method or HttpClient to an IP address then
>> it will connect to that address.  DNS names are not required, but
>> will be resolved using the default Java method if used.
>>
>> Mike
>

> This causes problems on Multi-Homed sites. A DNS name is required in
> the HTTP request (Host request header) to uniquely reference the site.

I was having a look through the latest release code and that was one of
the things that occurred to me. Am I right in thinking that it would be
HostConfiguration/HttpConnection that would require extra methods/calls
to make a distinction between the host connected to (Socket level) and
the advertised  host (Host: header)?

--
Mike