hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: 2.0 alpha2 release attempt 2
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:05:06 GMT

> I am very happy (and i guess every body else here as well) that you
> are back. I almost thought we had lost you forever. It felt a bit like
> after Gandalfs fall in Moira. But now you are back as "Jeff the White"
> and will guide us to the release.

And beleive me, I *whipped ass* on that Balrog all the way down ...
http://www.quintessentialwebsites.com/lordoftherings/lotr_html_moriapage.htm

> Yep we have not been idle but are full of energy and ready for 2003!
> Also I met Oleg the other day in a pub in Zurich and we discussed
> (among other stuff) HttpClient. Unfortunately his commit rights have
> not been granted yet. So I had to do all the checking in for him.

I thought that was done, I'll look into it (again)

> The code base is stable as usual and has had some major fixes (like
> the encoding patch required to make it run on z/OS, or the binary
> independence of JDK 1.4). There are still some patches pending. Oleg
> is basically the only one who is reviewing them currently as I am
> extremely busy doing other projects (that's why I'm here on Sunday
> actually). But IMHO we can just tag and release any time.

I am just catching up on the list now, and you guys have been extremely
fantastic!  I wish I was CEO of HttpClient.com and could hand out
bonuses and stock options and such ...

-jsd