hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: 2.0 alpha2 release attempt 2
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:47:59 GMT
Jeffrey Dever wrote:
> My extended absence was certainly not due to Apache, but my personal
> life has become more complicated as of late.  Regardless I am back now
> and am looking to do the 2.0alpha2 release (again).

I am very happy (and i guess every body else here as well) that you are
back. I almost thought we had lost you forever. It felt a bit like after
Gandalfs fall in Moira. But now you are back as "Jeff the White" and
will guide us to the release.

> Previously we had an agreement that we were ready to go.  There has been
> solid traffic on the httpclient-dev list since the new year (some 250
> messages!).  I need to know if there are any showstoppers that need to
> be fixed right now, or can a current snapshot be released?

*grin*

Yep we have not been idle but are full of energy and ready for 2003!
Also I met Oleg the other day in a pub in Zurich and we discussed (among
other stuff) HttpClient. Unfortunately his commit rights have not been
granted yet. So I had to do all the checking in for him.

The code base is stable as usual and has had some major fixes (like the
encoding patch required to make it run on z/OS, or the binary
independence of JDK 1.4). There are still some patches pending. Oleg is
basically the only one who is reviewing them currently as I am extremely
busy doing other projects (that's why I'm here on Sunday actually). But
IMHO we can just tag and release any time.

Happy to have you back

Odi