hc-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Re: Dependancy on Java 1.4
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:14:17 GMT
Mike,

Perhaps I don't understand you precisely, or you meant to imply it, but
I would assume that some form of reflection would be necessary or useful
to see whether SSL is even available.  As a consequence, I don't think
it is good enough to wrap SSLSocketFactory with a new interface, but
instead create the socket the old way, without any use at all of
SocketFactory or its descendant classes.

-Eric.

becke@u.washington.edu wrote:

>Oops.  Yes, it appears that JSSE or 1.4 is needed for the Protocol class to be usable.
 In particular the SocketFactory class is going to be a problem.  I'll take a look at this.
 Here's what I'm thinking: