hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <o.kalnichev...@dplanet.ch>
Subject Re: PostMethod & PutMethod revision
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:10:45 GMT
Eric,
Clearly that would be a post Alpha2 affair. As far as I know, Jeff is
putting final touches on things. The Alpha2 release is to take place
sometime this week
Cheers
Oleg

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 20:49, Eric Johnson wrote:
> Certainly you don't expect him (Jandalf) to scream out - "You shall not
> pass!"?
>
> I would like to see a "stable" release properly blessed, so I would
> prefer to have as much as possible that changes be committed after the
> "alpha", if everyone else seems to concur that the current tree is
> stable enough.  Then again, I'm not a user of httpclient suffering from
> problems related to POST and PUT, so maybe others think these changes
> should be done before the alpha?
>
> -Eric Johnson
>
> Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
>
> >Folks, it's been long on my personal to-do list to embark on a thorough review of
the PostMethod and PutMethod classes. PutMethod is in dire need of a complete re-write. There
is a few outstanding bugs in PostMethod. Most importantly these methods share significant
commonalities, however, currently are not even API compatible