hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Walsh" <daniel.wals...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: MultipartPostMethod - Passing Parameters
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:48:08 GMT
Thanks, everyone.  The PostMethod class seems to work perfectly fine.  I guess it was an issue
of using MultipartPostMethod with Tomcat.  I'm running the Tomcat 4.0 Internal Server inside
of NetBeans, so the comment about MultipartPostMethod not working correctly with Tomcat, seems
to have been the problem.

Oleg, your first message was actually perfectly clear to me.  However, your second did help
shed some more light on the problem, so thanks for replying again.  Dave's message was just
reiterating what you had said, stating that he didn't see a need for the Multipart form of
the PostMethod in this case - It actually was meant to go directly to me, not the list.

I'm only using Tomcat for ease of development.  In the end, I deploy to the Sun ONE Application
Server.  Unfortunately, when I tested this against the app server, I found the same results.
 It seems that I can't use the MultipartPostMethod there either.  In fact, based on what I
got from Mike's message, I also can't go towards the FileUpload component with the Sun ONE
App Server.  If this doesn't sound completely accurate, please let me know.

Thanks again for all the help.

Daniel