hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Pill, Juergen" <Juergen.P...@softwareag.com>
Subject Bug in PUT method with TC
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:45:04 GMT
Hello,

I want to report a bug in the PUT method, if running directly with Tomcat
and Jakarta-Slide servlet.

The http client API sends an expect 100-continue header. If running under
Apache the 100 response code is send from the server and the body is
delivered correctly. If running directly with the TC port (e.g. 8080) the
100 response code is not generated, in this case the client does not send
the body and the server waits infinite.

Is this a problem in TC or the servlet implementation.
Could we make the client API more robust to handle this case?

Best regards,

Juergen Pill

P.S. I want to wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.