hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Pill, Juergen" <Juergen.P...@softwareag.com>
Subject RE: Slide Client API uses current Http-Commons API
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:42:07 GMT
Hello,

If there is interest, I can supply a patch to do it on a programmatic way.
The Slide test suite currently uses a HttpSession for each method call, in
this scenario the performance penalty is pretty big.

Doing it the programmatic way:

1) The HttpClient has a private field "preEmptiveAuthorisation" with public
getter and setter.
2) If preEmptiveAuthorisation was set either to true or false, the system
property httpclient.authentication.preemptive is ignored, but
preEmptiveAuthorisation is used.
3) If preEmptiveAuthorisation was not set, the old mechanism still applies.
[Do we still need the property mechanism in this case?]

Best regards,

Juergen