hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalnichevski, Oleg" <oleg.kalnichev...@bearingpoint.com>
Subject RE: Cookies: need more convenience
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:51:13 GMT
Agreed. Sounds reasonable. I'll put it on my list

I would also like to have a few methods in the Cookie class deprecated, as their functionality
is now provided by the CookieSpec type of classes. Any objections to that?

Cheers

Oleg

-----Original Message-----
From: Ortwin Gl├╝ck [mailto:ortwin.glueck@nose.ch]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 6:04 PM
To: commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Cookies: need more convenience

I am missing a simple way to generate the domain string for a Cookie
from an URL.

I would like to have something like:
URL url = new URL("http://jakarta.apache.org/");
Cookie cookie = new Cookie(Cookie.getDomain(url, 2), COOKIE_NAME,
"myvalue");

Cookie.getDomain(url, 2) would then return .apache.org (2 dots).
Cookie.getDomain(url, 3) would then return .jakarta.apache.org (3 dots).

Odi