hc-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Problem with cookies using double quotes
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:54:07 GMT
Hi all,

we're having another problem with Cactus & HttpClient (mucho thanks for
so quickly fixing the last one, BTW):

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-cactus-sample-servlet-12.html
     (Test against Tomcat 3.x)

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-cactus-sample-servlet-13.html
     (Test against Tomcat 4.x)

The relevant source is here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-cactus/sample-servlet/src/unit/share/org/apache/cactus/unit/TestServletTestCase2.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
     (Method testCookieEncoding)

To summarize, Cactus is using HttpClient to include a cookie with the
request, the cookie being named "testpass" with a value "usr&pwd". It is
expecting to get a corresponding cookie value on the server side, but
something is screwed up: the value returned by the servlet container
actually contains the double quotes, but Cactus is expecting (correctly,
IMHO), just the value.

Now, I'm not sure who's wrong here: Tomcat (both 3.x and 4.x) or
HttpClient. Or maybe, do we need to explicity choose a different
CookieSpec implementation that is compliant with the Servlet API?

If someone who has more knowledge about cookies could shed some light on
this, that'd be great :-)

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de