hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Chang Sau Sheong" <csshe...@pacific.net.sg>
Subject Re: Slide and Jakarta-commons-httpClient
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:20:26 GMT
Code snippet. This works fine for me. Hope it helps.

<snippet>

  InputStream is = nulll;

    try {
      // 1. create httpclient object
      HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

      // 2. create config object
      HostConfiguration config = new HostConfiguration();

      // 3. set the configuration for
      config.setHost(url, port, protocol);

      // 4. apply the configuration
      client.setHostConfiguration(config);

      // 5. create a post method
      UrlPostMethod post = new UrlPostMethod(url + loginPage);

      // 6. set the query parameters you want to post to the page
      post.addParameter(key, value);

      // 7. execute the method through the client object
      client.executeMethod(post);

      // 8. get back the response as an input stream
      is = post.getResponseBodyAsStream();

    }
    catch (Exception e) {}

    // ... process your input stream