hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Elenskiy <andrey.elens...@arista.com.INVALID>
Subject A tool to rewrite corrupted HFile
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2020 23:09:43 GMT
Hello,

Over years I have been dealing with corrupted hfiles by just removing them.
It always seemed wasteful to throw away the entire HFile even only if one
block is corrupted.

Do you happen to know if a tool to rewrite the hfile with omitting/skipping
corrupt blocks already exists? If not, would such a tool be of use to the
community? The goal of such a tool is to try and recover as much data as
possible. We can always drop data on the hbase block boundaries as well.

Andrey