hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Fixing Catalog Janitor and HBCK chore reported inconsistencies automatically
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2020 23:30:51 GMT
On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:48 PM Mohammad arshad <mohammad.arshad@huawei.com>
wrote:

> > Are you regularly experiencing consistency issues? If so, what version
> of hbase are you running?
> We have experienced some inconsistencies like unknown servers, double
> assignment or RIT (HBASE-24885).

In hbase1?

> In future we may witness some other inconsistencies, so we should make
> HBCK2 mature enough to handle them. Off course we will learn from the new
> bug and fix them in code rather than depending on HBCK2.
>
> Agree and if you run into issues, talk out loud here because we want to
hear about them and fix them as the come up.

> Currently we are upgrading from 1.x to 2.2.3 version. Just a thought
> process to ease HBase operator job as per some operator feedback, we can
> discuss and come up with some ideas to handle this.

Appreciated.

One suggestion is that you move to 2.3.1 rather than 2.2.3. It has the
benefit of experience running the 2.2 line and has even more fixes for
anomalies applied. Also, the master-side of the hbck2 invocations has had a
bunch of improvement made so when they run, they are more thorough.

Yours,